Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Put this in the "Things I should not be allowed to do" file

This goes in that category, certainly.
While wrestling the boys up the stairs for naps today, I thought I'd be clever ("'My, what a multi-tasker that Knitting Woman is'...I can hear them now!", I thought) and start the sterilize cycle for the bottles. I also put a pan of hot water on the stove to boil as I'm really new to this formula thing and I'm not sure whether I have to boil it first or not....anyway, that was the problem.
Multi-tasking. What ever made us think we had to do more than one thing at a time anyway? Isn't the world rushed enough? I feel so horrible that I'm contributing to that.
Turns out I'm not very good at it anyway. I got up to change the baby's diaper and smelled a funny smell. I peeked in on Bobo, who always has to poop three seconds before he falls asleep, and sure enough, he had 'llluck', as he calls it.
But no. That wasn't the smell. I flew down the stairs, dreading the thought of my rangetop in flames.
Yes, I boiled my dern pan dry. Amazing that I didn't catch the kitchen on fire, really, as I'm about as air-headed as I can be right now.
Somebody save me from myself.

No comments: