Friday, January 06, 2006

Waiting on yarn...

While my dear mother was visiting this past week, she offered to go with me to the LYS and buy me birthday yarn. Yes, my birthday isn't until the end of the month, but it was the shared experience of shopping for the birthday yarn that we wanted.
As usual, however, this store didn't have enough of the Suri Merino I wanted for my Drops Cardigan with Glitter, so I was foiled. Mom ended up writing me a check and I ordered some goodies from KnitPicks instead. I bought two hanks of merino laceweight in Vineyard, some Andean Silk in Sangria for the Silk Corset, and I went with Elegance in lettuce (I think that's what it was) for the alpaca cardigan with glitter. I'm hoping it's not too evil a green, although I can usually wear the most putrid of green shades due to my hair and pink complexion. I just can't wear much of anything else.
I also picked up some Shine in Orchid, which is a color I don't ordinarily wear but I thought it was lovely. I hope it's fairly true to the website and catalog (wishful thinking, I know) as I sat here with both looking back and forth trying to make the decision. I'm making a lace camisole from the Spring '05 Vogue that was originally written for Anny Blatt's Kampur Silk~at $19 a skein. If it doesn't work out I'll be using it for Picovoli or something.
Can't wait to see my UPS man.

No comments: