Thursday, December 15, 2005

Llamaface...

Being the knitter that I am, I just love that Emperor's New Groove, but anyway...
I swatched for the Alpaca Cardigan with glitter today in three different yarns, just to get a handle on what gauge should look like, and I've come to the conclusion that I must be a very tight knitter. I never thought that before, but somehow, I'm getting 26-28 stitches on the size 4 needles (the pattern requires 23st/4") in every DK weight I swatched with. So why am I smiling? Perhaps it is because the Andean Silk I wanted to use for this is actually a worsted weight, so I can fudge the gauge a bit, or perhaps it's just insane pregnancy hormones.
***Crunch!!!***
The world may never know.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Howdy! Just popping in to check on you. I used to be a tight knitter too but it used to make my hands ache all the time so I made myself loosen up on the 'ol death grip. It helped my hands a lot.

Hang in there lady!

Mamma said...

Can't imagine what this baby is waiting for. My youngest was a week overdue, but she was my best baby, so I think all that extra time must have been good. Here's hoping my theory holds up with your baby.