Saturday, October 08, 2005

One down

I'm knitting socks, as I mentioned. Retro Rib Socks, by Evelyn Clark, to be more precise. I've started many socks in the past, just to chicken out about heel-way through, but I'm done with half of this pair, kitchener stitch and all. I don't know what the big deal is about kitchener stitch~it's so logical and really easy. Freaked myself out over nothing. I can't wait to finish this next one so I can wear them. Ok, I really just want to start the next pair, which I think will be Amble from the Six Sox along. I purchased two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Yarn's Supersock in Old Rose and Indian Summer, and I'm just waiting to use them...yum. I must say though, I've never had more difficulty in winding a skein than I did yesterday afternoon...the skeins looked great prior to trying to wind but they were really quite tangly and I ended up having to roll the other end into a ball and weave it back through to untangle and finally, yes, wind. Maybe it's just me.
Rain here all week long, so hopefully we'll have some extra cozy knitting time.

No comments: