Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Socks and now more socks

Socktober Update:
I finally finished the Retro Rib Socks, and even got to wear them once already. I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the Knitpicks sock yarn for these, as after one wearing they're fuzzy and the stitch definition isn't great. If I'd have been thinking more clearly I would have saved it for a simple stockinette pair, but they're still a bit too fuzz-ball-ish to wear anywhere other than around the house. Pity.
On to more socks. I joined the Townsend socks KAL over at Yahoo Groups and am almost finished with sock #1 of the Cascading Leaves pattern, in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock something-or-other rose. I *love* this yarn and the pattern was easy enough and repetitive enough for a pregnant woman to start in the car on the way to Rhinebeck. Nice. Now I'm looking for a sock pattern for Hub to make of the Obsidian Socks that Rock that I purchased while in NY...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm trying, so hopefully this week. I'm one of those dinosaurs without a digital camera, so I have to develop them before I can upload them. Silly, I know.